Tuesday 26 April 2016

Week 17 - Things With Wings - Crafting Challenge at Digi Choosday


Shop on Etsy


__________________________________________________________________

Happy Choosday everyone!
Your discount code for this week is:
SAVE30
which will save you 30% off
selected INDIVIDUAL (NOT COLLECTIONS) digi stamp downloads when you spend over £2.25 for today only *EXPIRES 26/4/2016
Just enter the code in the shop HERE 

The fabulous Nikky Hall will be on your TV tomorrow at 10am on Create & Craft TV in the UK, so make sure you remember to set your telly box to record the show as it'll be another show you won't want to miss (we promise you!!).  She has a lot instore to show you for what we think will be another fabulous sell out show featuring wonderful demos from Nikky and samples from the Design Team too. 
You can view the show online right HERE  for seven days following the show if you miss it first time round….but we’re sure you won’t do that!!  And in the meantime here’s a quick reminder about where you can get the latest Winnie collections…

WINNIE FRUIT PUNCH available HERE 
and WINNIE SUGAR SPRINKLES available HERE
                                                                                                           
Now onto the new challenge:
Things With Wings
We would like to see you make lovely card or a scrapbook layout, a gift or even a piece of home décor that includes something with wings… such as a bird, butterfly, bee, fairy, plane… You can use any products you like  to enter as long as it follows the theme for this week. We don’t have many rules but check them out in the top bar if you need to.
We give you two weeks to enter so that means the CLOSING DATE  IS 10th May 2016
and the winners will be announced on 17th May 2016.
PRIZES: The random winner (chosen by Random.org) will receive £5 worth of downloads of your choice from the digi store!
The winner and top 3 for week 14 can be found at the bottom of this post.

So let’s see what the design team have made for us... and we're starting off with a tutorial from Hippi....

Audrey - For my creation today I chose Eden Fairy Wings which can be purchased as a single image or in the Eden Download Collection Big Kahuna Bundle.  Image is colored with Copics, I used a technique known as feathering to combine 2 colors on her wings.  I have a tutorial on how to achieve this effect on my blog.  I then cut out using an offset border on my Cameo. I have also included a detailed explanation how I accomplished this cut on my blog.  I made a pencil holder this time around.  I have additional photos on my blog with all the pencils in the holder, but wanted a better view of my image here.   I chose papers and embellies from  Winnie Fruit Punch Big Bundle Download to finish off my Things with Wings creation, sure hope you like it.  Hugs:)





AnjieI've used the oh so cute Lily Bug Love collection. I've used a pre-coloured image but you can also get her in black and white for you to colour in  HERE. The papers and embellies are also from the same collection. I've used a distress tool to slightly distress the edges of the card and paper layers, and mounted the image and the embellies onto 3D foam. More photos on my blog.
Jane – Hello! I have made a wall hanger today using some of the uber scrumptious embellishments from the LAVENDER TEA collection! I adore this download it uses my all-time fave colour combo! Deeeelish!! Have a lovely crafty day! xxx
Monica- For this make, I used the puzzle pieces included on Twiggy & Toots regular collection to make a frame for the lovely precoloured Toots digi and finally added a beautiful and wise sentiment.
Fiona - This week for my design team make I have used the fabulous lily love bug digital stamp lily bug heart balloon  I have also used backing paper and embellishments from the fantastic winnie fruit punch cd  I so love these collections and its great how you can use different kits together.

Tanya - This week I've made a shadow box with an opening for the bees from the Winnie Fruit Punch Collection which is available HERE on download and HERE on CD.  The papers and the flowers and the sentiment used are also from the collection.  More details can be found on my blog.
 

Great makes from the DT I’m sure you will agree, we have some great ideas for you this week!

Winner Week 14 Anything Goes Challenge
The winner chosen at random by www.random.org is:
Please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk  quoting DCW014001 to claim your prize of £5 worth of downloads from the digi store!   Grab your Badge from the top of the page to display on your blog.
 Top 3 Design Team Favourites:
#46 Jana K#50  Vannessa#51 Carrie Sheridan
THIS WEEK'S FEATHER IN A CAP GOES TO:
#38 Mrs T
#66 Carole J
these are our Top 2 fave entries that used a Polkadoodles image   
Well done Feathery friends! You have all been added to the Feathery league board - so now you can put a Feather in Your Cap and use our Feather badge on your blogs! 
Each week the league board will be updated so we can all keep track and at the end of the season our Winning Featherist will receive a special Polkadoodles prize! 
Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx