Tuesday 1 December 2015

week 48 Crafting challenge at Digi Choosday Traditional Christmas

Shop on Etsy

--------------------------------------------------------------


Happy Choosday everyone it's

Your discount code for this week is:
CHOOSDAY
which will save you 
15% off all downloads 
when you spend over £2.25 for today only
*EXPIRES MIDNIGHT GMT 01/12/15
Just enter the code in the shop HERE 

Have any of you joined the Colour Therapy Club yet? If so please share your makes with us on either of our Facebook pages, the Digi Choosday Crafting Page or the Polkadoodles Crafting Page. If not, go check it out HERE  For only £2 a fortnight, that’s a teeny, tiny £1 a month for some fabulous newly released colouring pages. Go check out all the finer details HERE 

Now onto the new challenge from us here at Digi Choosday...

Traditional Christmas

We are all now in full swing making our Christmas cards, tags and home décor, well it is the 1st of December now, so won’t be long until the big day is here. Have you made a start yet? Or have you finished everything? Well we have lots of lovely inspiration for you today to help you along.

You can make anything you like, maybe a card, a scrapbook layout of even home décor. 
You can use any products you like to enter as long as it follows the theme for this week. We don’t have many rules but check them out in the side bar if you need to.

We give you two weeks to enter so that means the
CLOSING DATE IS 15th December 2015 
and the winners will be announced after our Christmas break when we are back with our first challenge next year on 5th January 2016. PRIZES: The random winner (chosen by Random.org) will receive £5 worth of downloads of your choice from the digi store!
The winner and top 3 for week 45 can be found at the bottom of this post.

So let’s see what the design team have made for us...
Fiona GDT - I have used for my make again the twiggy and toots festive crafting cd  instant download. which you can find in the store. I really enjoyed making this make.  Its such a great crafting cd to be able to purchase with lots of different choices.
Lynda: The Frosted Winter collection is just perfect for this challenge.The papers,embellishments and sentiment I used are all from this CD or if you prefer you can also get it as a instant download. The image I used it called Wondering star, I used the pre-colored version but you will also receive a black and white one for you to colour yourself. Have Fun xx
Julie --  I used traditional Christmas colors, and made a not-so-traditional card, using the Picknix  3 --Nordic Winter. Bundle.   The collection is available in instant download or CD.  I also used the Adult Coloring Pages Alphabet 1 Bundle on this card and colored with Copic markers.  My very good friend and her husband winter in Arizona every year, where there are butterflies and blooming flowers at Christmastime.  I thought this card would be fun to send to them -- Christmas in spirit, yet a reflection of what they experience.

Jane – Hello! So a traditional Christmas for me just has to include Father Christmas and have you ever seen such a glorious image of Santa as this vintage version found on the incredible PICKNIX3 – NORDIC WINTER COLLECTION?  Isn’t he FAB!!  The sentiment, paper and poinsettia are also from this collection, it’s a must-have.  Have a lovely crafty day! xxx
Monica.- I agree with Jane,  Picknix 3.-Nordic Winter Collection is just perfect for any traditional Christmas project. For my card I used papers, sentiment and precoloured elements from that collection. I used two layers on the bows an three layers on the ornaments to add dimension.
Gail - I used the Work & Play Festive Hollybobs collection, now this may not strike you as an obvious choice for the traditional Xmas theme but whilst the colours aren't traditional, what could be more traditional than a Xmas wreath. You can get the Work & Play Festive Hollybobs collection, which is just jam packed with Xmas goodies to cover all tastes, as a digital download or on CD-Rom.

Tanya  - Traditional Christmas for me means trees, baubles, holly, miseltoe and glitter and poinsettias... so my card contains all these.  I've used the papers and embellishments from the Picnix 3 Nordic Christmas collection and used one of the Colouring Sheets from the Colour Therapy Colouring Club which I've coloured with glitter gel pens.  More details on my blog.  Merry Christmas by the way!!!
Audrey - For my traditional Christmas creation, I chose Angelberry Pressies Digital Download.  You can also find this lovely image on the Angelberry Christmas Collection CD rom.  All 3 of my designer papers are also from Angelberry Christmas Collection CD rom.  I added embellies from Work and Play Volume 5 Festive Hollybobs Full Collection Download.  All embellies are cut out by hand, highlighted with Copics and then I added Stickles to the tree and Poinsettia and Aytou Spica glitter pen to the bells.
Aunty Sue - Well for my Traditional card it had to be Red & Greens with a Wreath that welcomes your guests. I have used Papers and elements from Octivia Frosted Winter which is a must at Christmas and available here at a fabulous price more details and picture of the 3d effect on my blog.
Emma - Traditional Christmas for me is very vintage, greens, reds, golds. Real trees & that cottage christmas feel so for me that could only mean using one collection, the Nordic Winter Collection that can be found Here. I have used a lovely pre coloured christmas tree which I have only added a little sparkle to, all of the papers, embellishments & sentiment are in this one collection. 
Helen - I've gone for a traditional Christmas animal plus traditional red and green colours.  The digi stamp and papers I've used are all from the 'Festive Hollybobs' Download Collection which is here,
AnjieI've used the amazing Picknix 2 Gingerbread Twist collection. Now anyone that has followed my crafting or blog for a while will know how much I love these Picknix collections and this is why I couldn't just stop at one tag, I made 6! And I have the bits to make a few more this afternoon! So here they are. More details and photos on my blog if you want to know how I made them.

Great makes from the DT I’m sure you will agree
If you would like to join us as a GDT please join in our challenge and add GDT after your name on your entry. Then send us an email to digichoosday@yahoo.com

Add your entry using the linky tool below.

Now for the winner and top three from week 45 Christmas with sparkles....

The winner chosen at random by www.random.org is:
Please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCW045001 to claim your prize of £5 worth of downloads from the digi store!
And in no particular order the top three chosen by the design team are:
# 22 Zora 

Grab your blinkies from the side bar!
Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx