Tuesday 15 September 2015

wk 37 Crafting Challenge at Digi Choosday Monochromatic


Shop on Etsy

--------------------------------------------------------------<

Happy Choosday everyone!

Before we get onto this weeks challenge we need to let you know that our fabulous Nikky Hall is on Create and Craft TV again this week. You can find her on there on Friday the 18th at 10am for an amazing show all about Coloured Pencils!!! She will be bringing you something new which will include a free class with it. Tune in to find out what it is!

Of course, today it’s 
Your discount code for this week is:
CHOOSDAY
which will save you 
33% off all downloads 
when you spend over £2.25 for 24 hours only
*EXPIRES MIDNIGHT GMT 15/9/15
Just enter the code in the shop HERE !


Now onto the new challenge.....
Monochromatic
So we want to see makes that use the same colour family this week - this doesnt have to be just black and white, it can be different shades of the same colour. 
You can use other colours for hair and skin etc, but the main focus needs to be shades of one colour please.
You can make anything you like, maybe a card, a scrapbook layout of even home décor. 
You can use any products you like to enter as long as it follows the theme for this week. We don’t have many rules but check them out in the side bar if you need to.
CLOSING DATE IS 29th September 2015 
and the winners will be announced on 6th October 2015.
PRIZES:
The random winner (chosen by Random.org) will receive £5 worth of downloads of your choice from the digi store!

The winner and top 3 for week 36 can be found at the bottom of this post.

So let’s see what the design team have made for us!


Tanya....For this week's monochromatic challenge I’ve chosen the colour black and this has given me chance to use my love of Zentangle.  I’ve been wondering for a while whether any of Nikky’s lovely digis would look as good Zentangled as they do coloured in pens and pencils.  Well, what do you think?   As like last week I’ve used one of the digis from the Serenity collection called Serenity Princess and a sentiment from the collection too.  The papers are from the Dolly Goes East collection
More photos can be seen on my blog....

  Scatty Jan  I love the Work and Play 11 so much . This time I have used the Gymnast twirling girl available as a digi or part of the amazing CD collection .  The paper and sentiment are also from the collection. I have coloured up with pencils. Punched a few flowers out and added some gems and a feather. Some stickles on her twirler to finish.

Emma - For my Monochrome card i have used the Nordic Winter collection, love this collection. I have coloured up the Santa Digi with pencils for that more vintage look. All of the papers & embellishments are also from the Full Nordic Winter Collection that can be found Here
Julie - I used shades of pink on my monochromatic make, and the rose image from the Octavia Moonfly Big Kahuna Digital Craft Download Bundle.  The backing papers and sentiment are also from this lovely collection.  Shades of pink -- so pretty!


Aunty Sue Hi wow have I loved doing this card. For my Monochromatic card I have gone with the Greys. I have used yet again one of the fab Ickyink digi images. This one is Oddella Heart and is available HERE. My papers and elements are from Frosted Winter CD available HERE My sentiment tickets are from Work & Play 10 Country Life available HERE. I have coloured my image with my new Lyra Rembrandt Polycolour Pencils and added lace and gems from my stash.
Lynda: For this weeks challenge I combined my two favourite things Craft and Cats! I used a digi stamp,papers and sentiment from the Work and Play 10 Country Life Collection. It's available on a CD or as a digital download. You can also just buy the cat digi separately here. Have fun xx 


Jane – Hi everyone!  My VERY blue card is made using the gorgeous DOLLIE DAYDREAM GOES EAST COLLECTION.  You can purchase the stunning image, called DOLLIE DAYDREAM GOES EAST - BACKPACK separately if you wish but there are so many amazing things in this bundle I urge you to go for the FULL COLLECTION.  The letters are cut from paper that can be found in the WINSTON DELUXE DOWNLOAD.  Have a lovely crafty day! xxx


Monica.-For my monochromatic project I made a double lever card with the gorgeous a papers and sentiments included on Love & Cherish Collection. I also used a flourish cutting file from Eden Collection and butteflies cutting file from Twiggy & Toots Collection.

Anjie - The image, papers, embellies and sentiment are all from the fabulous new Octavia Frosted Winter collection. This is available as a download collection HERE, as a CD HERE, or in separate items HERE. As you can see I have used shades of green. I have coloured her with my green and grey green Graph'It Markers. The background is also done with Graph'Its and a the Graph'It blender pen and the Graph'It white shaker pen.
Wendy - For my monochrome card I've used Etty Shy from the Winston collection. You can also get Etty as an individual digi here. Both the dotty and striped backing papers are from the same collection, however I have darkened the dotty paper with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
Audrey I chose blue, using an image and sentiment from Serenity Fairy Wishes Digital Download Bundle.  The image Serenity Earth Star, can be purchased as a single image HERE and you can also purchase Serenity Fairy Wishes Sentimentals Bundle on its own.  All the designer papers I chose plus the flowers and button embellies can be found in the Winston Deluxe Full Collection.  I then added the ribbon to the outside of the card and Stickles on Serenity's wings.
inside of card

GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY - DID THE TEAM ROCK THIS CHALLENGE OR WHAT???? I CAN'T STOP LOOKING AT SOME OF THESE MAKES THEYRE SO PRIDDEEEEE!

So come on, add your entry using the linky tool below.

If you would like to join us as a GDT please join in our challenge and add GDT after your name on your entry. Then send us an email to digichoosday@yahoo.com

Now for the winner and top three from week 34 Use 2 papers
The winner chosen at random by www.random.org is:

# 38 Traci L 
Well done!   Please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCW034001 to claim your prize of £5 worth of downloads from the digi store!

And in no particular order the top three chosen by the design team are:
# 34 Mags 
#15 MariaD 
Well done everyone, way to go!
Grab your blinkies from the side bar!
Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx