Tuesday 4 August 2015

wk 31 Crafting Challenge at Digi Choosday - Embellish It


Shop on Etsy

--------------------------------------------------------------<
Happy Choosday everyone!
Of course it’s Digi Choosday and you know what that means - discount day!!!!
Your discount code for this week is:
CHOOSDAY
but this lasts for 24 hours only so make sure you use it before you lose it!!
This will save you 10% across the whole of the download store! 

Now onto the new challenge!
Embellish It! 
So we want to see lots of lovely embellishments on your makes, whether they are shop bought ones, or hand made ones, even digital ones, we want to see them all.
You can make anything you like, maybe a card, a scrapbook layout of even home décor. 
You can use any products you like to enter as long as it follows the theme for this week. We don’t have many rules but check them out in the side bar if you need to.
CLOSING DATE IS 18th August 2015 and the winners will be announced on 25th August 2015.
PRIZES: The random winner (chosen by Random.org) will receive £5 worth of downloads of your choice from the digi store!

The winner and top 3 for week 28 can be found at the bottom of this post.

So let’s see what the design team have made for us...
You know we have been asking for GDT’s to join us for a few challenges, well today we are joined by the lovely Julie Odil and Audrey (HippieAud).
 If you would like to join us please add GDT after your name on your challenge entry.

Julie - This is my first make as a GDT for this team and I'm so happy to be here! I've taken up the violin again after nearly 30 years of not touching it, so I wanted to color this cutie Violin Girl. The free sentiment from the store worked perfectly with this, as did the music papers.

AudreyThis is also my first make for this DT and I too am so happy to be here! On my card I have used the Eden Blossoms Image. The papers and embellishments are also from the Eden Collection.
Scatty Jan For my Embelish it card I decided to use the wonderful Twiggy and Toots Festive collection. I love using this collection it really is so much fun and there really is stacks to use on it.  Everything on my card is from the collection all that was added was a sprinkling of Diamond stickles, a wee tiny cracker and a large pearl. If you love decorating your Christmas cards you just can not miss out on this collection, there really is something for everyone.
Anjie -  I decided to use this image that I have had coloured up for a while, it is the Gymnast or ribbon twirling girl. She is also available as part of the Work and Play 11 collection which you can get as a digi download or CD. I coloured her with my Prisma pencils when I had just got them for practice. The papers are also from the same collection as are the flowers and the borders.
Monica.-For my project, I´m using cutting files. The dress form and the sewing machine are from Picknix1-All Sewn Up Dowload bundle, as well as the patter paper and the sentiment. I just weld both cutting files. For the flowers, I used another cutting file "Flowers 3"; and for the vines and leaves, I used "Ivy 1"
Wendy - For this weeks card, I've used the clock cutting file as the base card and just cut an extra hole through the centre to give an aperture. The birdhouse image is one of the digistamps from the Picnix - In the Garden collection, as are all the flowers, sign, flower pots and bugs, as well as the backing paper. You can also get this collection as part of the complete Picnix 1 and is combined with two other kits.

Jane – Hi everyone! A bit different from me this week as there is no image to colour!! Blimey! I decided to decorate and embellish an MDF shape to create a wall hanging using the super awesome WINSTON DELUXE FULL COLLECTION! I added mini buttons, Stickles and some die-cut swirls to finish the look!  Simple!! Have a lovely crafty day! xxx

Tanya - After having quite a big break from colouring I’ve been tempted back to it by the lovely Eden Collection and have used Eden Blossoms and have embellished a hard back plain looking note book.  I love my stationery and love note books and have quite a few of them, but none are as pretty as this.  I’ve used the black and white digi and coloured her with Graph It Pens and have used two lots of the papers and some butterflies from the collection and finished off the note book with some twine and glitter and glossy accents and some white Liquid Pearls.

Yvonne - Hello! For this weeks make I used Oddella Fairy from the Ickyinks Collection - you can view it here, or get Oddella Fairy here.  The papers are from the Serenity Collection, you can see the fabby dabby here. I picked these three papers from Bundle 1, which is available as a download in itself.  The embellishments are from Octavia Moonfly, you can see the whole range here.

Emma - For my Embellish it card I thought I would do a wedding card as I find these are the best for embellishing. I have used the super gorgeous Bride from the Love & Kisses collection, you can find her Here. All of the papers, embellishments & coach have all come from the full Love & Kisses collection that can be found Here.
Aunty Sue - For my Embellish it card I have used Serenity Blossom from Serenity Fairy Wishes which you can purchase as a digi HERE or the full download which has these fab papers I have used on it too HERE.I have embellished my card with Diecuts ,Flowers, Ribbon, and Pearls
Lynda: This week I used the gorgeous Picknix Collection 2: Gingerbread Twist, it's' available on a CD or as a download collection.I was so surprised to find this lovely Robin, it's perfect for traditional Christmas card. The paper and embellishments are all from this collection. I think the snowflake paper is going to be my goto paper this year. Have Fun xx

Great makes from the DT I’m sure you will agree.
Add your entry using the linky tool below.

Now for the winner and top three from week 28 Use something Old....

The winner chosen at random by www.random.org is: #22 Hazel 
Please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCW028001 to claim your prize of £5 worth of downloads from the digi store!

And in no particular order the top three chosen by the design team are:

Grab your blinkies from the side bar!
Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx