Tuesday 28 July 2015

wk 30 Crafting Challenge at Digi Choosday - Animals


Shop on Etsy

--------------------------------------------------------------<
It’s Digi Choosday discount day!!!!
Your discount code for this week is:


Just enter at the checkout to 
save 20%
Don't miss it!

Now onto the new challenge!
This week the theme is
Animals
It can be any animal you like and you can make anything you like, maybe a card, a scrapbook layout of even home décor. It could be an embellishment, ribbon, an animal print paper - whatever you like so long as there is an animal influence (including fish!)
You can use any products you like to enter as long as it follows the theme for this week. We don’t have many rules but check them out in the side bar if you need to.
We give you two weeks to enter so that means the
CLOSING DATE IS 11th August 2015 
and the winners will be announced on 18th August 2015.

PRIZES:
The random winner (chosen by Random.org) will receive £5 worth of downloads of your choice from the digi store!

The winner and top 3 for week 27 can be found at the bottom of this post.



You know we have been asking for GDT’s to join us for a few challenges, well today we are joined by again by the lovely Aunty SueIf you would like to join us please add GDT after your name on your challenge entry.

So let’s see what the design team have made for us...

Aunty Sue - As soon as I saw the challenge I knew I had to use this fabulous Cow digital image. Available from the shop here along with the Black and white papers from Octavia Moonfly available here Image coloured with promarkers and edges of papers distressed.

Anjie - I have used the rather cute Wesley Rabbit image who you can find HERE. Or he is also available as part of the fabulous Cherryblossom Lane CD, which is where the papers I have used are from. I have coloured Wesley with my Prisma Pencils and added some buttons.

Scatty Jan Oh my days - an animal challenge just after the wonderful Twiggy and Toots Festive Fun release - Just knew immidiatly what I wanted to use. I started of using the owl bag template , I reduced the actual size to 65% it still made for a great size, and for those without a cutting machine I cut them by hand to see how easy they were, and they were great it was good to use scissors for a change. I started by making the Hen night Bride to be I called her Olga , all her papers and bits are from the Love and Kisses collection - I simply added some Lace for her dress and some netting for her veil and lots of diamond stickles . I loved her so much I went on to make her husband to be calling him Oswald again all the elements from Love and Kisses collection including his moustache!
(He also borrowed Santa's boots from Twiggy and Toots Festive Fun  ssshhhh). The papers I used on Oswald are from Octavia collection

Lynda:  Being a massive animal lover this challenge is perfect for me... I love these little mice!! I used a new digi called Cinders, she has some gorgeous fairy tale friends so check them out too. The sentiment and papers are from the Serenity Collection which is available on CD.  or as a digital download.

Jane – Hi everyone! A couple of weeks ago our lovely Scatty Jan used non-Christmas images to create some amazing Christmas tags that you can see here!  Incredible!! So being inspired by this, and to show the versatility of Nikky's awesome images, I decided to use OCTAVIA MOONFLY UNICORN to create a non-traditional Christmas card! The papers, sleigh and sentiment are all from the FESTIVE HOLLYBOBS COLLECTION and I made OCTAVIA into Santa’s Little Helper!! Either that or she is stealing all the pressies!!! Have a lovely crafty day! xxx J

Monica.-I´m in love with "Twiggy & Toots Festive Fun"!! I love owls, cookies and Christmas, so this can´t be any better. In my project I wanted to showcase those three elements. All the pattern papers, embellishments, letters to make the sentiment, digital stamp and cutting files for the cookies are included in this collection.

Tanya...Hello everybody.  I love all animals and this week have been playing with the template called Two By Two available on the Paper BoutiqueVolume 3 CD which I’ve mixed up with the cloud paper from the Octavia Moonfly bundle and a sentiment from the Baby Boom collection to make a cute baby card.

Yvonne - I used Octavia Best Friends image which you can get as a digi stamp.  I haven't coloured her before so this was new for me and I coloured her with my pencils. I made a simple 6x6 card using Polkadoodles papers.  The sentiment is from the Serenity Collection which you can get as a digi download or as a CD-Rom.
Wendy - I love these cute bees and anything with a toadstool for me is a must, so I chose this image from the Sugarplum Daisy CD. THe backing paper is from the same collection. The sentiment I chose fits perfectly and I love the chalkboard effect of it, you can find it s part of the Work & Play 10 - Country Life collection.
Emma - For my Animals project i have used the super cute Unicorn from the Octavia Moonfly collection. I have coloured her up using pencils & have added some sparkle to make her look more magical. All of the papers, embellishments & sentiment come from the Moonfly collection that can be found Here or on CD Here

Great makes from the DT - loving all their makes this week!
Add your entry using the linky tool below.

Now for the winner and top three from week 27 - Use some embossing
The winner chosen at random by www.random.org is:
Please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCW027001 to claim your prize of £5 worth of downloads from the digi store!
And in no particular order the top three chosen by the design team are:
Grab your blinkies from the side bar!
Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week - see you next week!
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx