Tuesday 14 April 2015

Pearls & Gems

Happy Choosday everyone.

Did you mangage to catch the fabulous Nikky Hall on Create & Craft on yesterday? If not head over to the Create & Craftwebsite and watch the show on catch up. You will not be disappointed as there was a fabulous new CD on that you will not want to miss!


Now onto the new challenge from us here at Digi Choosday!

The challenge we have set for you this time is to use Pearls & Gems. I’m sure this is an easy one for everyone as we think most people use these on their creations.

You can make anything you like maybe a card, a scrapbook layout of even home décor. 
You can use any products you like to enter as long as it follows the theme for this week. We don’t have many rules but check them out in the side bar if you need to.

We give you two weeks to enter so that means the
CLOSING DATE IS 28th April 2015 
and the winners will be announced on 5th May 2015.

PRIZES:
The random winner (chosen by Random.org) will receive £5 worth of downloads of your choice from the digi store!

The winner and top 3 for week 12 can be found at the bottom of this post.


So let’s see what the design team have made for us.



Dawn I have used True Love/ Best Friends digi stamp which can be found here as a download  or as part of the Love & Kisses CD here & coloured with Polychromo pencils. The papers & scrabble letters are from the same CD.

I’ve made a shaped card this week featuring the divine Eden Butterflies and embellished with pearls and gems.   I’ve coloured the image using my Graph It pens on Ultimate Graphic paper and used some flowers and butterflies from my stash.  You can get the image HERE  from the collection 
or as a single digi and the Graph It Pens can be found HERE and Ultimate Graphic paper HERE.  More details and photos can be seen on my blog.


  Caz  For my pearls n Gems card i have used the lovely Cupid..You can also find her on the fabby Work n Play 9 Love n Kisses collection.. Papers  are from Boundless love download..Have added liquid pearls round edge and some heart gems.


Scatty Jan Pearls and Gems, I just love to use both.  I have had the Pretty Sweet collection for ages but only last week discovered some lush papers on it that I totally fell in love with, so much so that I have used them on 3 cards this week!!  Both papers used are from the collection but I just adore the one with squares on , it comes in a variety of different colours too. I coloured up Luna using Graph'It Markers , cut out some extra squares and punched some flowers, and pearls and gems to finish.


Kate  I used the beautiful Octavia Moonfly Dragonfly digi image and coloured her with Pro Markers, The textured papers I used are also from the Octavia Moonfly collection, called Plain Jane, and come in 6 fab colours for only 99p, and the sentiment is from the Octavia Moonfly Say It All collection. Full details are on my blog

Yvonne - Hi there everyone! This week I have been playing with one of the new cut files in the store called Frames 1 - I have wanted to make these shaped cards for ages but as I am no good with scissors, so the matting and layering on shaped cards has always been a problem for me. Nikky has saved the day - again - and put these FAB frames in the shop at only 60p!!!! Can you say bargain!!! I cut two blanks in my Silhouette and then scored one and taped together, I cut the main mat at the same size (fits perfectly) and then reduced the frame twice to get my layers. I used the precoloured 'Cherry Blossom' from the gorgeous Eden Collection. The embellishments and pearls are from Eden also. The sentiment is from W&P 10. I then added tiny little pearls round the image in fitting with this weeks theme.


Monica,.This week I made a triangular diorama card using digi, papers and flowers from Work and Play 10.-Country life. Also you can find the  "Egg collecting" digi here.


Jane – Hi everyone!  This week I have created an easel card with a sort of Cinderella theme, perfect for Pearls and Gems! I used the uber glamourous Dollie Daydream – Belle of the Ball (check out that fabulous hair and impossibly thin waist!!!) and teamed her with papers from the  Rose Budd Collection The fabulous ‘glass slipper’ is from the Dollie Daydream – Girl Talk Collection and the sentiment is from the Octavia Moonfly Collection.  I love how these bundles all work together so well and you can find all these wonderful things and so much more in the store! Enjoy your day! xxx
 

Christine  Hi everyone!  Today I used some of the wonderful elements in the Eden Collection. I tell you it is so much in this collection you will go crazy.  I used Eden Collection - Eden Birdcage Digital , which I colored with Spectrum Noir Markers and colored pencils.  The papers I used where
Eden - Paper Heaven Plain Jane 5 Digital Craft Download, these are such yummy papers.  I also used
Eden Collection - Embellish It Digital Craft Download Bundle and Eden Collection - In the Frame Digital Craft Download Bundle.  I added some stickles to my bird and butterflies.  I finished it off with pearls in my flowers.  This is some of the things you get in the collection go check it out at the

Wendy - My card this week is based on a chinese screen and therefore the perfect collection to use is Dollie goes East! I've used lots of digi's and hand coloured, as is Dollie, she is also available on her own as a digi here. The screen is made by printed one of the backing papers from the collection on card and die cutting.




Lynda: For this weeks challenge I decided to use the very beautiful Dollie Goes East collection, this includes the digi stamp, sentiment, flower embellishments and the background paper.  All of this and so much more is available on a cd or as a digital download.


Anjie -  The image, papers, embellishments and sentiment are all from the Work & Play 10, Country Life, digi download collection. This is also available as a CD HERE or as smaller download bundles HERE. More details and the markers I've used are on my blog.

Great makes from everyone I’m sure you will agree.

Add your entry using the linky tool below.

Now for the winner and top three from week 12 Lots of Layers

The winner chosen at random by www.random.org is:

# 22 Helen 
Please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCW012001 to claim your prize of a £5 voucher to spend in the digi store!
And in no particular order the top three chosen by the design team are:
# 20 Linda 
# 24 Maya 
#36 Amy Cohen 

Grab your blinkies from the side bar!
Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.



Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx