Tuesday 3 March 2015

wk 9 - Mums the Word - Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge

Happy Digi Choosday everyone!

We are very excited to announce our brand new Colouring Community and Colouring Team here at Polkadoodles....
where everyone is welcome to join us and share all your fab colouring creations! 
The great news is you can post ANY brand of image in the group so long as you just follow a couple of simple rules ...we know a lot of people are intimidated about sharing their colouring work sometimes so this is a group where EVERYONE of any skill is welcome to join us! Make sure you head over and join us because as today is our big launch we might have something super special going on too! ; ) 

Don't forget we also have a Digi Choosday group too - have you joined our Facegroup page??
We have started something new you get to vote each week on your favourite DT makes and you could win a prize!!

So let's get to today's challenge!

Our New challenge this week is 

Mum's the Word
Mothers Day is fast approaching here in the UK but if you are overseas any make for a Mum fits this challenge too...

You can make anything you like maybe a card, a scrapbook layout of even home décor.  
You can use any products to enter and you can make anything you like so long as it fits the challenge theme! 
We don’t have many rules but check them out in the side bar if you need to.
We give you two weeks to enter so that means you have until 17th March 2015 to enter and the winners will be announced on 24th March 2015.


The Winners from our Love is in the air challenge can be found at end of this post....


So let’s see what the design team have made for us...

Anjie - I have used the stunning Octavia Riding a Unicorn from the Octavia Moonfly Collection download. Also available as a CD or as lots of separate little bundles. I have coloured her with my Graph'It Markers and used my Mix It Palette to keep the colours soft. I took all the embellies into a craft program (MCS) and changed them all to gray scale to match the papers. Everything you see on this card is printed from the collection, even the ribbon, bow and flowers. How real do they look, all I did was use a large embossing tool to shape them a little bit.

Nikki - My inspiration card for this week's Mother's Day challenge is using the EVER ADORABLE Etty Shy. She can be purchased one of 2 ways, either by herself here OR you can buy her with all the other Winston goodies in the Deluxe Full Collection. The papers and sentiments for this card are from the newly released Octavia Moonfly. The paper is also part of a smaller pack called Paper Heaven 2. Etty was inked using my Copic markers. 


Caz For my Mothers day project i have made a shadow box, using the cute Winston Bear Heart of Gold  digi, coloured with Graph it markers. The digi, papers and flowers can all be found in  the Winston collection available as a CD or Download. The Mum letters can be found in the Octavia Moonfly collection.

Scatty Jan For my take on Mothers Day I thought I would take a different approach. I have used the lovely digi image Fredericka Camille Mum to be  coloured her with Graph'It Markers . I cut the popcorn box on my portrait and added some scrummy toffee popcorn . The socks, bib. teddy and vest are all from the Baby Boom  download collection that you can find here , glued onto cocktail sticks and a legnth of pink beads to finish  xx

Tanya...Polka Doodles do so many great images that could be used for Mother’s Day that it was hard to choose one as I was spoiled for choice, but I’ve decided to go with the utterly cute Cherry Blossom Lane Shopping decoupage sheet (also available as a single black and white digi for you to colour yourself HERE and  I've used papers from the Winston Collection and the Octavia Moonfly collection available here and finished off with the scrabble tile letters from the Work & Play 9 Love Collection....
Monica- For this Mothers Day Challenge, I made a 3d gift for a mom that loves to sew. I used papers, tag, sentiment and embellies from Picknix 1.-All Sewn Up collection and Etty Sewing from Winston Deluxe collection (also you can find just the digi here).


Yvonne - Hi everyone! This week I have used the pre-coloured image of Getting Ready/Pampertime from the new Work & Play Collection 9 - Love & Kisses. I think this is such a suitable image for Mothers Day and you can get the digi image here.  If you want the whole collection as a digi download, you can get that here, or you can get the CD-Rom here.  The papers are from the same collection, as are the fab scrabble tiles. All I added from my stash was the ribbon and the gems. I have been on the DT for over a year and I have a FAB give away on my blog - pop over and see.

Jane – Hi everyone!  For my Mother’s Day card I used the gorgeous Dollie Daydream Windy Days (as my mum loves to shop, and frequently stops for coffee and cake this image is perfect) and papers and flowers for the stunning Octavia Moonfly Collection!  Enjoy your day! xxx

Lynda: I made this weeks project  in memory of my mother Janet, she loved it when I made things for her. I used the butterflies, digi and flowers from the gorgeous Rose Budd collection which is available as a digi collection or on a cd. The scrabble tiles are from Work & Play 9 Love and Kisses collection which you can buy that  here. Have fun xx 


Wendy - What does every mum want on Mothers Day? Some flowers and that's exactly what I've made for this weeks challenge. I have used one of the papers to make the vase and one set of the mats printed 5 times to make the flowers, all from the Dollie Goes East collection and hey presto, here's my make.

Great makes from everyone I’m sure you will agree....

Add your entry using the linky tool below. Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.

Now for the winner and top three from week 6 love is in the air....
The winner chosen at random is:
42 - Sarah
please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCW06001 to claim your prize of a free digi.

And in no particular order the top three chosen by the design team are:
31 - Marilyn
35 - Andrea
43 - Juls
Grab your blinkies from the side bar!

Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx