Tuesday 10 March 2015

wk 10 - Lace/bling - Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge

Happy Digi Choosday everyone!
Have you seen this fabulous new release?
Stunning new collection.  You will love Nikky's amazing art work in this collection, so beautiful and fabulous images just crying out to be coloured!
You have to check out all the bundles too.  Maybe you just want the papers, the digis, even individual digis are available  HERE
but sssshhhhhhh.....especially for YOU dear blog followers, we have a super special 
Digi Choosday code for you...yes, you can 
save 10% on this release for ONE WEEK ONLY! 
Just use code DCEden10 at the checkout 
to save on downloads this week! (ends midnight 16/3/15)


So let's get to today's challenge!

Our New challenge this week is 


Lace/bling

You can make anything you like maybe a card, a scrapbook layout of even home décor.  
You can use any products to enter and you can make anything you like so long as it fits the challenge theme! 
We don’t have many rules but check them out in the side bar if you need to.
We give you two weeks to enter so that means you have until 24th March 2015 to enter and the winners will be announced on 31st March 2015.


The Winners from our spring time pastels is in the air challenge can be found at end of this post....

So let’s see what the design team have made for us...
Scatty Jan Have really enjoyed this weeks challenge of use some lace, something I very rarely do, but can see myself using it so much more. I decided on a baby theme cutting the card , booties and tag out on my portrait. I used paper from the Baby Boom collection , all the little clothes emblies and the teddy are from that same collection. I added a small piece of lace to each. The buttons, balloons and little bird are from the Winston collection and the slippers (awwww so cute) and Harvey the rabbit are from Cherryblossom Lane collection - Harvey is also available as a digi you can find him here.   
( He would be perfect for Easter projects along with all his friends) . I added some little pink pearls for the drawer knobs, and a tiny piece of pink ribbon to the tag .Lots more piccys on my blog xx


Caz For my add some lace project i have  made a tag box and few tags to place inside, I have used the lovely Miss Charlotte.  She is also available on the Rose Budd collection available as a CD or full Download...

Nikki - This week's challenge we had to utilize lace. It is not one of favourite things to use but I did it and I'm ok with the way it looks. I used the newly released Octavia Moonfly Rose Garden. These images are AMAZING..... the whole kit is incredible... The image can be bought on it's own {link above} or with the whole collection. The papers I used are also from the collection OR you can get them in a digi pack called Paper Heaven 4. The sentiment is made with the scrabble tiles from the Work and Play 9 Love and Kisses collection.


Tanya - This week I’ve created a birthday card for a good friend who is mad about sewing.  I’ve used the wonderful Etty Sewing from the Winston collection design sheet.  All the flowers, buttons, dress form, zip and safety pins are from the same design sheet.  You can get the Winston Collection here.  
The papers used are also from that collection and I’ve used a sewing machine to sew the edges in a zig zag stitch and added some embellishments by way of metal scissors, sewing machine, twine, hessian and lace.  The scrabble tiles letters are from the Work & Play 9 2XL Love Collection



Monica -For my project I chose to altered a simple acrylic cutting board. To acomplished my purpose to turn something simple in something unique, I used the beautiful papers, tag and sentiment included in Picknix1.-Home grown collection. I must tell I loved the texture of the papers included in that collection. And to embellish my project, I used "Baking" a decoupage sheet from Cherryblossom collection. I really like the 3d look that decoupage technique added to my project. And finally, I added some lace.


Lynda: For this weeks lace challenge I decided to make a do not disturb sign using one of my favorite collections Work & Play 9 Love and Kisses. You can get this collection on a cd or as a digital collection here. Hope you have fun with this one Lynda xx 


Kate - This week I decided to use a variety of Polka Doodles papers instead of an image and made a box of cards for my Mum, she is always needing the 'odd card' here and there :)
You can see all of my Lacey cards on my blog




Wendy - Oooo, love lace! For this weeks card, I've used Angel from Festive Holibobs, also available on her own here. By colouring in pink with my Graph'Its, I've made her suitable for a little girls card rather than christmas. The papers ore from the Baby Boom bundle. To finish off I've added a cute bunny die cut from Tattered Lace, loads of embellies and of course plenty of lace.


Jane – Hi everyone!  Now I don't use lace very often (although I own a ton of the stuff!!) but that may be because I rarely do anything vintage.  And I certainly associate lace with more of a vintage style. So for my DL card I looked to the gorgeous Rose Budd Full Collection for my inspiration as it is embodies the fabulous Regency period.  The pretty Miss Millicent is part of that collection but is also available individually and I coloured her in sepia tones to complete the look!
Enjoy your day! xxx

Yvonne - Hello! I opted to use Amelia Contemplating for this weeks challenge. Such a sweet image and ok, maybe a little bit of a vintage feel with her lace collar. But just little.  I made a 7x7 card (shocking change from me there), and I layered two papers from the gorgeous Rose Budd Collection onto plain vanilla mat.  I opted to add my lace - brown flower lace, so pretty - and then simply added one wooden embellishment.  It's almost a CAS card - but I love that the image and the paper are doing the work here.


Anjie - This is an easy one for me as I love to use lace, it's so feminine and pretty. I've used the beautiful Seashore Shannon image from the store and coloured her using my Graph'It Markers, the Mix It fluid and Mix It Palette. The papers, flowers and butterfly are all from the Octavia Moonfly Collection


Great makes from everyone I’m sure you will agree....

Add your entry using the linky tool below. Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.

Now for the winner and top three from week 7 - Spring time pastels
The winner chosen at random is:
28 - Vikki
please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCW07001 to claim your prize of 
Work and Play 8 Feel the Music collection -
And in no particular order the top three chosen by the design team are:
11 - Craftin Suzie
36 - Andree
47 - Sparkling Pink
Grab your blinkies from the side bar!

Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx