Tuesday 16 December 2014

wk 50 - Last minute Xmas...Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge


IT'S DIGI CHOOSDAY CHALLENGE DAY!!!!

Hi there everyone, well it is the last blog of the year here at Digi Choosday, yes, Nikky has given the Design Team a lovely Christmas break because she is super awesome sauce!  We will be back on 6th January, so try not to miss us too much!!!!

I bet everyone is almost ready for Christmas and the majority of the cards are sent and the presents wrapped  - but what about those people you clean forgot? You get their card to you through the letterbox and you suddenly remember that you haven't sent them one - so this week we set the Design Team to thinking about:

Last Minute Xmas

To enter the challenge you can make anything you like, from a card to a home décor item and anything in between.  You DO NOT have to use our products to enter.
You have until 30th December to enter and the winner will be announced on 6th January, so lots of time to get your entry in. All we ask is that you follow the theme and the simple rules that can be found in the side bar.
The winner will receive a free digi image from the (Digi Store).

The winner from Week 47 - Xmas Celebrations can be found at the bottom of the post.

So for the last time in 2014 let's see what our Design Team have made us for this weeks challenge!


Scatty Jan For my card this week I have used the fantastic pre- coloured reindeer from the Festive Hollybobs Collection which is available as a download or as a CD - the sentiment is also from there- Added a few bits and bobs from my Christmas stash and finished of by hanging some tinsel xx


Caz..For my last minute project, I have made small explosion box..I have used the gorgeous image called Presents. She is available as a digi from here. She is also available, along with all the papers i have used on the Work & Play 5, Festive Hollybobs, Download and also on CD.


Crafting Vicky - For little last minute cards I just think the option of the precolored images are just so awesome!  So I used a great one from the set Christmas joy bundle.  The great paper and the sentiment are from the Work & Play 5, Festive Hollybobs, Download and also on CD
Jane – Hi everyone! So to me ‘Last minute Christmas’ means “Oh my giddy aunt, I've forgotten someone…” therefore I wanted to make something that was really simple and could be created in a flash! And that’s where the awesome Work & Play 5 – Festive Hollybobs Full Collection is a must! So many gorgeous goodies to choose from and if you have a graphics program you can whip up a fabulous make in seconds (OK so seconds is a bit ambitious but you get the idea!)!  I used one of the gorgeous papers and pre-coloured elements and images (the Hollybobs Santa also available as a single digi here) and arranged them in Serif to make a scene! So simple & so fab!!  Enjoy your day! xx


Monica- For my "Laste Minute Christmas" I made a set of three tags, using design sheets 01, 03 and 06 from "Work & Play 5.-Festive Hollybobs Collection". The paper base of each tag and the sentiments are also part of the same collection. In all the tags I worked with decoupage technique because the design sheets have all the elements to work in this lovely 3D technique.


Decoupage detail


Cibele - For my project I made a bottle tag and a little gift bag using paper, sentiments and the bow from the Festive Hollybobs Collection and the pre-colored Winston Bear Celebrate from the Winston Deluxe Full Collection. The Winston Bear image is also available uncolored separately HERE.


Nikki - Christmas is literally around the corner and I still have so much to do.... I always find time to be creative though. For our Last Minute Christmas themed challenge, I chose to use the adorable image called "Cards". I thought this image was so cute and could not wait to ink her up. She is available in the Festive Hollybobs Work and Play 5 pack. Either in the CD option or the Instant Download option or you can buy her as a single download. The paper I used is from the Christmas Joy download pack. I made this card as a blank card so I did not use a sentiment. I inked it up with my Copic markers. This is also not my typical 5.5" square card. I opted to do the A2 card.


Tanya - So this week’s challenge is ‘Last Minute Christmas’ and I’ve made some cards to match the gift tags I made a couple of weeks ago.  I’ve used kraft card and one of the papers and the images of Rudolph, Gingerbread people and the Penguin from the embellishment section of the Festive Hollybobs Work & Play 5 download (which you can get HERE or as a HERE which I've decoupaged and added glitter and red/white twine and little jingle bells.  Merry Christmas everybody!!


Emma - For my 'last minute Christmas' project i have put together a quick frame card using Festive Hollybobs Elf & Santa who can be found as single digi's Here & Here.
I have coloured them up with Copic's & Pro Markers, I have added a bow, wooden bell & some poinsettias for that added Christmassy touch.
All of the papers are from the full Hollybobs collection where you will also get both Elf & Santa & you can find it Here


KateI was going to use a digi but with having a lot of things going on at the moment and time just disappearing I went with digi papers, sentiment and die cuts instead. All the details are on my blog xx



Julie - I have made a stepper easel card for this challenge as I love to combine both techniques. I have written up the measurements I used if anyone wants them, just let me know. You can make 2 cards out of 1 sheet of A3 card. Everything I have used on this card is from the wonderful Festive Hollybobs Download collection, which is also available as a CD for those of you who are happy to wait for a physical CD  to arrive in the post. The main image, patterned paper and bottom border is on one of the design sheets, the cracker, holly and lamp posts are under the embellishment section
The paper on the base of the card is from the backing paper section
I have also decoupaged the holly on the cracker and added a message panel using Spellbinders oval and scalloped oval nesties
 


Lynda- Happy Christmas ;-) Not many more sleeps!! I decided to make a Christmas Card this week using the Work & Play 5 FESTIVE HOLLYBOBS collection, this collection is available on cd here or as an instant download here.  I used the sentiment ticket, papers and digi stamp from this collection. 


Yvonne - Hi there everyone! Well here we are with the last post of the year, I have had a lot of fun being with you all this year, so thank you very much for having me. Now this weeks theme is Last Minute Xmas and it is my final Christmas card of the year - so very apt!!! Of course I reached for the Festive Hollybobs Collection which is either available as an instant digi download or as a CD-Rom. I chose to make a twisted easel card and I have to say for the last card, I may have been a bit guilty of throwing everything at it but - I love it!!!  Merry Christmas everyone and I'll see you in 2015!!!! X



Wendy - With this weeks theme being last minute Christmas, I thought I'd do just that, make my card at the very last minute. It WAS out of choice! I chose to use one of Nikky's design sheets from Festive Holibobs. I love these design sheets, they are great for either a quick card or if you're not that confident yet with layouts.


What a great selection of inspiration, don't you agree!

And now for the winner from Week 47 - The winner chosen at random is:

please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCwk50001wk47 to claim your prize!
And the top 3, in no particular order, chosen by the design team are:

Well done everyone go grab your badges from the side bar.
Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.

So that's us for 2014, Nikky, Mr Doodles and all of the Design Team wish you all a 


Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 

See you in 2015!!!!





Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx