Tuesday 25 November 2014

wk 47 - Xmas celebrations...Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge

IT'S DIGI CHOOSDAY!!!!

It's the countdown to Christmas and we are all feeling a bit festive here at Digi Choosday, Only 30 more sleeps to go!!



Now without further ado, let's see this weeks challenge
Xmas Celebrations
To enter the challenge you can make anything you like, from a card to a home décor item and anything in between.  You DO NOT Have to use our products to enter.
You have until 9th December to enter and the winner will be announced on 16th December, so lots of time to get your entry in. All we ask is that you follow the theme and the simple rules that can be found in the side bar.
The winner will receive a free digi image from the (Digi Store).

The winner from Week 44 -Thank You/ Winter colours can be found at the bottom of the post!
Let’s see what the fabulous team have made us for this weeks challenge!

 Scatty Jan I could not resist using the lovely Octavia Best Friends Digi again. She is soooo adorable and that cutie little owl too. I coloured using Graph'it Markers . The tree and the reindeer are pre coloured images from The Festive Hollybobs CD , the bows and sentiment are also from there. Although the photo makes it look like a tag it is actually a hanger measuring 7 inches , finished off with a few gems and a legnth of ribbon xx



Caz  For my project I have made a center step card.. I have used the lovely image called Tree, from the lovely work n play 5, Festive Hollybob's Collection..Papers, Bow and sentiment are all from the same collection. And are available as a Download or on CD.

Crafting Vicky - I just LOOOOVE being able to get some Christmas crafting done ahead... don't you?!?  So for my card I used the super cute little image called Cards from the great Festive Hollybob's collection that you can purchase here Download or on CD. And the paper is also from that same fab collection.

Yvonne - I used 'Work & Play: Festive Hollibobs' which is available as a digi download collection and also as a CD-Rom.  I used the pre-coloured image 'Sleightime' but you can get it as a single black and white digi by clicking 'Sleightime'.  The papers are from the collection as are the snowflake embellies. The ribbon has been coloured with my Graph'It Markers.



Tanya  So this week’s challenge is Xmas Celebrations and Ive decided to go back to card making and use elements and papers from the Festive Hollybobs Work & Play 5 download  
Festive Hollybobs is also available as a CD HERE
I’ve decoupaged the picture of the choir digi by printing off four images and cutting and layering them up and putting them in a box I made from the spotty blue and white paper printed from the download behind some snowy acetate.  I decoupaged the poinsettia too.  The snowflakes and the bow were made from dies cut on my Cuttlebug and then glittered.  You can get all the details of my make from my blog. 

Lynda- Hi :-)  I decided to make a project that counts down to the Christmas celebrations :-) I used  beautiful papers from the Work & Play Collection 5 FESTIVE HOLLYBOBS Collection you can buy this here  The beautiful Mistletoe digi stamp is from the same collection. Cant wait to see your christmas creations xx

Monica.-For this project I chose to make a bottle gift box in non traditional Chrismas colors. To make this  gift box I used the colorful papers that comes with Winston Full Collection. The Winston Bear Celebrate is also part of the collection, but if you want just this digi, you can find it here.
Cibele -You can't have a celebration without inviting some people over and in order to do that, you are going to need invitations. Well, we have got you covered!  I made one for a Tree Trimming party and one for a Cookie Exchange - both popular parties this time of the year.

I used papers from the Festive Hollybobs Collection for both and then inserted a Text Box right on top, added my text and popped in my digi. For the Tree Trimming invite I used Santa (he's also available in the Festive Hollybob Collection colored and uncolored) and for the the Cookie Exchange I used Chef from the Work and Play 7 Collection (also available colored and uncolored). After I printed them, I colored them with my copics. I then trimmed them down and mounted them onto cardstock and they are ready to be popped into the mail. These are so quick and easy to make, especially if you use the precolored images available in the collections.
Julie - For my centre stepper card,  I have used the wonderful Polkadoodles Festive Hollybobs full collection download, which is also available on CD if you are patient enough (unlike me) to wait for delivery and the gorgeous main image, which is called Hollybobs Tree Fun, is also available singly in the Digiworld Store HERE
The paper, sentiment, crackers, deer and North Pole sign are all included in the Festive Hollybobs full collection download and CD too, what a bargain
Kate - I have been soooooo good this year and well ahead in my Christmas card makes I only had 3 left to make, so after this one that's 2....When I saw this super cute image I knew I had to use it for my furbabies Christmas card. The image is called 'Sleightime' and can be brought alone or on the fab 'Work & Play 5 Festive Hollybobs Collection'. The blue snowfall paper and the calendar are both on the CD too.
Wendy - Christmas is always a celebration, but never so much as when it's baby's first and I've made matching cards and candles for a boy and a girl. The papers are from Festive Hollybobs, with the pink papers having been recoloured in Craft Artist. The images are from this collection too, but are also available as individual digi's here for the boy and here for the angel.
Jane – Hi everyone! So what better way to celebrate Christmas than with a skating party! I know I’m on the ice the minute…….Ok so I am lying through my teeth here. I can barely stand on the ice let alone skate but the fabulous Hollybobs Skater looks the picture of grace spinning around with her friends! I thought an easel card would be best to create the scene and have used some of the fabby papers and one of the sentiments from the Work & Play 5 – Festive Hollybobs Full Collection; such gorgeous colours and designs!  I made two if the images smaller and flipped one of them to make my little party!  Gotta luuuurve digis!! J Enjoy your day! xxx
Emma - For my card I have used the super cute Snowballing digi stamp that can be found Here, I have coloured him up using Copics & added some glamour dust & snowtex. All the papers & sentiments can be found in the full Festive Hollybobs collection Here along with the fab snowballing digi.
Nikki - Christmas is fast approaching so it is fitting that this week's challenge is all about XMAS celebrations. My inspiration card is using the cute image called "Crackers". It is available either as a single digital stamp or as a whole set named Work and Play 5 Festive Hollybobs, either available in CD or instant download. The designer paper and sentiment are also from the set. I inked "Crackers" up with my Copic markers.... hope you enjoy =)
WOW! What a great collection of inspiration for you, some really fab makes from the team this week! 

And now for the winner from Week 44 - The winner chosen at random is:
14 Jana

please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCwk47001wk44 to claim your prize!
And the top 3, in no particular order, chosen by the design team are:

2 - henriette
6 -  Bettina
11 - Carol
Well done everyone go grab your badges from the side bar.
Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx