Tuesday 11 November 2014

Week 45 CAS...Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge

HAPPY DIGI CHOOSDAY!!!!

Well this week we have more of the new girls joining in with the challenge theme, so I hope you are ready to meet them and see what delights they have in store for us.  Of course this means there is even more inspiration for you when you are thinking about your own challenge entries. 

As a special celebration 
to welcome our fab new teamies we are really excited to give you a special treat this week.... 
From NOW until Friday 14th you can use this special Digi Choosday code as a gift from the team, which will give you a 
MASSIVE 40% off digi stamps 
(not CD's or large bundle downloads) 
JUST ENTER CODE DCn855 
at the checkout to save 40%. 
Remember to try and use the instant checkout to make sure you get your downloads instantly, otherwise you'll have to wait for your order to manually despatch (bearing in mind we are in the UK).

We are also really honoured that our Octavia digi is being used as part of the brand new Kit and Clowder animal class so if you're signing up make sure you get her in your discount cart too!

So without further ado, let's see what this weeks challenge is:

CAS  (Clean and Simple)
To enter the challenge you can make anything you like, from a card to a home décor item and anything in between.  You DO NOT Have to use our products to enter.
You have until 25th November to enter and the winner will be announced on 2nd December, so lots of time to get your entry in. All we ask is that you follow the theme and the simple rules that can be found in the side bar.
The winner will receive a free digi image from the (Digi Store).

Don't forget that the newest Work & Play is available to order, you have to check it out!!


The winner from Week 42 - Birthdays can be found at the bottom of the post!

Now let’s see what the fabulous team have made us for this weeks challenge!

Anjie - This is a hard one for me as I usually throw everything I have at a card! It was soooo hard to step away lol. The image is Octavia thinking from the download store and is colured with my Graph'It Markers. The pens I have used can be found on my blog.


Yvonne - Hello everyone, well I thought CAS would be scary but I actually loved it and I really like what I came up with. I used Amelia Braids digi image which you can get here. I also used one of the backing papers from the Pretty Sweet Collection.  Amelia has been coloured with my Graph'It Markers, a full list of colours used is on my blog. Including the new release colours.......


Crafting Vicky  - Oh my... just the word CAS is hard for me... For my make I decided to use the very cute little Winston Heartfelt that you can purchase alone or part of the great Winston full collection.  The paper and sentiment are from the same collection.


Scatty Jan hmmmm CAS took some thinking. I decided to make my Granddaughter a Name table setting for Christmas. I used the Festive Hollybobs Collection using the pre coloured image and adding her name.

It really was very simple but as I loved it so much, I had to do one for everyone- All of the images are from the same collection - How cute!

Wendy - This week was really hard for me, can't do CAS very well! I chose the North Pole sign  from the embellishments section of Festive Hollybobs and coloured with Graph'Its. With a little bit of Stickles glitter glue, I think it's simple but effective.The sentiment is from the same collection.


Julie - I found this theme quite difficult as I don't think I have ever made a CAS card before. For my card I have used the wonderful new Winston Download.  There is a gorgeous selection of Kraft papers as well as patterned papers in this download, The lovely Winston birthday image is also from the download, it's also available on the Winston CD and as a single image called Winston Bear Birthday in the Polkadoodles Digiworld Store HERE


Caz..Here is my CAS card, I'm not one for adding lots to my cards, but had to think about this one...I have used the lovely Etty's New Dress available as a digi download here, which is also in the fab Winston collection download and available on CD too.


Jane – Hi everyone! Sooooo excited to be here! Jumping up and down embarrassingly as we speak! J Anyway, I played with the gorgeous Etty Shy and elements from the Winston Full Collection to create my card.  I used Serif for my matting and layering to produce a single layered topper. I also re-sized two of the flower embellishments (love digis!!), cut them out and used them to add a little (but not too much) 3D interest.  So there it is.  Clean and simple! Enjoy your day! xx


Emma - Hi this is my CAS card & i have used the ever so cute Hollybobs Little elf who can be found Here or in the Hollybobs full collection Here  & have coloured him up using Copic's & Pro Markers. The paper & little tag can also be found in the Hollybobs full collection.

Kate -  I love CAS cards but at the minute I'm trying to learn to make the cards with Loads of embellies on, so had to reign myself in again :) I used Ralph with Hat and coloured him with Pro Markers, more details are on my blog xx


Monica - This is my first post here and I´m pretty excited to be part of this talented design team. 
I´m not very familiar with CAS cards, this is my very first attempt on it. My focal point is the lovely Hollybobs Mailbox digistamp, colored with a mix of Spectrum Noir Pens and Prismacolor Pencils. This digi, the sentiments and the background papers are all part of Work and Play 5-Festive Hollybobs Collection


Tanya - I used to really struggle to think of card designs when it comes to Clean & Simple as I love lots of dimension and embellishments on my cards, but Nikky’s lovely designs have made the task a lot lot easier.  I’ve used the utterly gorgeous Xmas Angelberry Pray digi stamp which is available HERE for the great price of only £2.00 or available as an actual clear stamp HERE.  I coloured her using Graph'Its and added a touch of glitter to her wings and Wink of Stella on her hair.  I absolutely adore this image and now plan to make more cards featuring her.  A full list of the ‘ingredients’ I have used to make the design can be found on my blog. 



Nikki - My inspiration card for the CAS themed challenge is using the ever so cute Winston Bear Get in Touch. I have a really soft spot for teddy bears and inking them up, so when I saw the Winston collection I just knew I had to create something with him. There are a variety of ways that Winston can be purchased. He can be purchased as a single digital stamp here, or you can buy the full Winston collection either by CD or instant download. The Winston collection includes numerous items, including the digital papers I used with this card. 


And now for the winner from Week 42 - The winner chosen at random is:

# 11 Kym

please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCwk45001wk42 to claim your prize!
And the top 3, in no particular order, chosen by the design team are:

#23 Mags
# 15 Stracyl
Well done everyone go grab your badges from the side bar.
Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.

Make sure you pop over to our sister teamies over at The Digi Queens for loads more inspiration today!






Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx