Tuesday 28 October 2014

wk 43 - Lace....Digi Choosday Craft Challenge

Happy Choosday everyone!

We hope you made use of the discount code we gave you last week to celebrate our first birthday, why not use your new digi(s) to enter this weeks challenge. “Well, what is it”, I hear you ask, so the challenge we have set this week is....
Lace

To enter the challenge you can make anything you like, from a card to a home décor item and anything in between. Just make sure you use lace somewhere on the project.
You have until 11th November to enter and the winner will be announced on 18th November, so lots of time to get your entry in. All we ask is that you follow the theme and the simple rules that can be found in the side bar.
The winner will receive a free digi image from the (Digi Store)


The winners from week 40 Christmas can be found at the bottom of this post.
Now let’s see what the team have made for us for this weeks challenge. All amazing creations I'm sure you'll agree!

Anjie - As soon as I saw lace was the challenge I knew I wanted to use an image from the Rose Budd download Collection. The collection is also available as a CD should you wish to buy it that way. Miss Harriet is also available to buy as a clear stamp. The papers are also from the same collection. I have coloured the image with my Graph'It Makers. I have added the lace over the top of some vintage ribbon. This lace is just adorable as it has some small beads running along the middle of it. You can buy it from HERE. More details on my blog.


Julie - I don't do any sewing so had no lace at home but remembered seeing some beautiful faux lace in the Rose Budd full collection download so was pleased to be able to use that instead.  The gorgeous paper I have used, is actually one of the inserts in the download which I resized and then added the faux lace onto the patterned paper in PSE before printing.  The gorgeous image, available as coloured and outline only, is called Constance and is included too, Constance can also be bought as a clear stamp, and the whole of the Rose Budd full collection download is available on CD too.  The ticket is also from the Rose Budd download, there are loads of tickets included, sentiments too


Crafting Vicky This time around the challenge of using lace was a lot easier for me!  Not so long ago I never used it at all but now I have a whole stash of it!  When I decided to use the great Maddie Shy  that you can also find in the great Pretty sweet collection.  I really love the pink and the black together!

Wendy - I love lace, so pretty & girly, so this weeks card had to be pink. My image is from the Rose Budd Collection and also available individually.The backing paper is also part of that collection, it comes A4 size, but I've resized using Craft Artist.

Tanya  - Ooh lovely lace!!!  I love love love lace and ribbon and anything girly so this week’s challenge theme is right up my crafty street.  This week I have made a canvas that can be hung on the wall with the addition of ribbon or stood on a shelf to pretty up a bedroom.   I have used the ever so sweet and girly Fredericka Libby digi stamp which can be found HERE and coloured her using  Graph'Its (a full list of which can be seen on my blog) and coloured the lace slightly with Pan Pastel (380.8).  The lace and flowers are from my extensive stash of embellishments, full details of which can be seen on my blog.

Patty - I've been using Lace a lot lately in all of my creations.... they are so delicate and lovely! so this was a easy peesy challenge for me. I used image and papers from Candy Doodles collection  and some scrap pieces are from the clutter on my desk, sentiment is also from the collection. I like the lace and ribbon combination!!  These birdies are so cute and just had to used them.

Yvonne - I LOVE this challenge, I enjoy all the challenges for Digi Choosday and have fun for every project, but this theme of 'Lace' let me be all girly and pretty and I loved it. I used the beautiful image of Fredericka Debutante which you can get here, or in the Etsy shop or here. I coloured her with my Graph'It Markers.  The backing paper and the sentiment are from the beautiful 'Rose Budd' Collection, which you can get as a CD-Rom or a complete digi download. You may not see it but the 'bubbly' in her glass is coloured with Graph'It Glitter Shake Marker in Gold.


And now for the winner from week 40
The winner chosen at random is:

#11 Margaret A 

please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCwk43001wk40 to claim your prize of a free digi.


And the top 3 chosen by the design team are:

#31 Mimi 
# 39 Mags 
Well done everyone go grab your badges from the side bar.
Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx