Tuesday 23 September 2014

wk 38 - Buttons...Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge

Happy Choosday everyone!

Before we get onto this weeks challenge we wanted to let you know that we have some fab new images in the store, including some new Halloween images! How exciting that Halloween is going to be here next month! So go grab yours HERE

 Amelia Witch Toad Digistamp
Also don’t forget to go join our 2 Facebook pages where you can share your makes and get inspiration from the other members and the DT, as well as get to see the latest offers and releases. Here are both the links:


Also - make sure you pop over to the Polkadoodles blog today and see what the Digi Queens are up to - we hear there's a little freebie up for grabs!

Now onto the challenge. This week for the DT and you the theme we have set is
Buttons.

Who doesn’t adore buttons? I know we all do whether they are real life buttons or the fabulous faux buttons than can be found on many of the Polkadoodles CD’s

To enter the challenge you can make anything you like, from a card to a home décor item and anything in between.
You have until 7th October to enter and the winner will be announced on 14th October, so lots of time to get your entry in. All we ask is that you follow the theme and the simple rules that can be found in the side bar.
The winner will receive a free digi image from the (Digi Store)

The winners from week 35 Travel/Holidays can be found at the bottom of this post.

Now let’s see what the team have made for us for this weeks challenge!

Anjie - I love buttons, I have jars and jars of them, I must have thousands of them! The cute image on my card is from the digi store and is called Piper Playing. She is coloured with my Graph'It Markers. I have used paper and a sentiment from the Bonbon Belles CD, both of which fit perfectly with this theme. I have changed the colour in the MCS Elite program. I have then used a button embossing folder and finally added some real buttons. If you look closely you can see I have used a tiny button on  Pipers braces!
Scatty Jan I love buttons, one of my favourite embellishments. I have used 3 on my project the 2 little dotty ones on the shelf and the pink bee button under the shelf, how cute is that! I have used the lovely digi image Camille Mum to be coloured with Graph'It markers. The papers are from the Pretty Sweet collection, and the little birdy at the window and the bears are from the Winston collection.
Crafting Vicky Like Scatty Jan, I just think buttons are just the greatest embellishment ever!  So when I saw that this was the challenge I was really really happy :)  I decided to go with humor for this challenge and used a great image called Cleaning Lady as well as the paper from the great Work and Play collection 6.  Adn I'm saying it's humorous because, well don't know about you but I really really HATE doing the housework...   So hope you enjoy my card... it's rare to find vacuum paper :)  So that's a really special set!!!
Wendy - I raided my button box for this weeks challenge, was really happy when I found the butterfly button and just HAD to use it. I've used Amelia Contemplating, she's available on her own digitally or as part of the Pretty Sweet CD. The papers are from the same collection  and mounted onto black card. 
Julie  - For my card I have used the wonderful Baby Boom Bundle, its only £2.99 and is available in the Digi Store HERE. The baby images are so cute and there are buttons on the baby's outfit so it was ideal for me to use for this challenge as I didn't have any spare buttons in my craft room 
Yvonne - Hi guys! Really enjoyed this weeks challenge, I used 'Maddie Twirling Curls' she is coloured with my Graph'It Markers, you can see the range here.  The papers I used are from the 'Nikky Digi Bundle'. The buttons are from the new 'Winston' collection. 
Patty I just think buttons are just the cute embellishment ever!  I decided to make a cute Birthday card for my kid friend and I just found this image boy from  Work and Play collection 3.  all papers are from the same collection the sentiment is from Stamp Doodles Set  and red button with white and black twine. what do you think?  Isn't cute or not??
And now for the winner from week 35 - chosen at random is:

#4 Bettina 

please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCwk38001wk35 to claim your prize of a free digi.

And the top 3 chosen by the design team are:


Well done everyone go grab your badges from the side bar. Thanks for joining us - can't wait to see what you come up with! See you next week! xx

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx