Tuesday 9 September 2014

wk 36... Monochromatic - Digi Choosday challenge

Happy Choosday everyone!
Did you manage to catch the Polkadoodles show on Sunday on Create and Craft with the fabulous new Winston CD? 
*****PRE-ORDER Winston Deluxe Papercrafting CD Collection
If not you can catch the show HERE and the CD is HERE
If you want to see more samples come and join us in our
 group on Facebook, we are called Polka Doodle Dandies and this is the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/polkadoodles/

Also, don't forget it's the Digi Queens Day over at the Polkadoodles blog so if you want a heap more inspiration than you can poke a stick at head over there after you join in the challenge! The link is at the bottom of this post! 
  
Now onto the challenge. This week for the DT and you, the theme we have set is
Monochromatic

To enter the challenge you can make anything you like, from a card to a home décor item and anything in between.  If you're confused about what Monochromatic means - it can be both black and white or it can be tones of a single colour, it's up to you. Remember you can use any products to enter, it doesn't have to be a Polkadoodles make!
You have until 23rd September to enter and the winner will be announced on 30th September, so lots of time to get your entry in. All we ask is that you follow the theme and the simple rules that can be found in the side bar.
The winner will receive a free digi image from the Digi Store

You can see last time's winners at the end of this post! 

Now let’s see what the team have made for us for this weeks challenge!

Julie -I decided my monochromatic colour was going to be pink and I have made an 8 x 8 scalloped edge card using the wonderful Girls Hoot Digi Download for the supercute image, sentiment and both patterned papers
Some of the images and papers were recoloured in PSE which I am still getting used to
( I had never recoloured anything before so it was good practice for me)


Crafting Vicky - For my monochromatic look I went with a back to school feel :)  I figured I would be feeling kind of pensive if I was returning back to school... that's what my daughter looks like lol So this all being said I used the great image from Pretty Sweet Collection the paper is also from that set.  

Wendy - For my card this week, I chose the theme it in sepia tones and felt the Rose Budd Collection was perfect for this. I chose Charlotte for my image from the collection and all the papers are from it too. It's finished with a little distressing, and a few die cut embellies, made using papers from the collection too, 

Sharon - For this challenge I decided to do something completely different. On the Candy Doodles Collectors edition there is a fab template for a sweet little bird house so I printed this out onto card I chose some of the gorgeous papers from the cd which come in an array of colours (as this is a monochromatic I decided to stick with black and white) and printed these onto back of the templates. One of the papers was recolored with a graphics program but there are some lovely black and white ones on the cd. I followed the easy instructions and made up the bird house, I have left one side if the roof open as I have stuffed it with candy! A few black and white flowers from my stash and hearts cut from black card just finished it off.

Scatty Jan I used the lovely digi stamp Bee Happy, how cute is the little scene - I printed it twice to fussy cut out some extra petals. Coloured in with a memento dual marker, I had lots of fun 

Yvonne - Hi there! So this week is monochromatic week and I decided to use Nikky's papers to be the focus of the card. I used papers from the beautiful Rose Budd Collection, the butterfly is from the Flowers & Leaves Collection. The sentiment is from Dollie Goes East Collection.  All bundles are available from the Digiworld Downloadables section of the store. 

Patty - Hi there! this week is monochromatic and I decided to use Work & Play 3 collection papers to use on the background of the card. I used Teacher image as the main focus also from the collection. The sentiment is from and unknown that i had on my desk then added the black med button and accent with some white twine.

Anjie - The image I have used is Maddie Give Us A Twirl, and she is coloured with my Graph'It Markers. The paper I have used is from the Love and Cherish CD and the flowers from the new Winston CD

Here are the winners from week 33 Pearls and Bling...

The winner chosen at random is:

please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCwk36001wk33 to claim your prize of a 3 free digis.


And the top 3 chosen by the design team are: 
#2 Jana K 
# 14 Susan Kennedy 
Well done everyone go grab your badges from the side bar.

Thanks for joining us again this week - and don't forget to head over and see what the Digi Queens have for you today too HERE


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx