Tuesday 19 August 2014

wk 33 Pearls and Bling...Digi Choosday craft challenge

Happy Digi Choosday everyone!

Make sure you head over to the digi store this week - there's a ton of new digis added and they are all totally adorable! 

Just to give you a taster, we have this beauty listed for sale ....

Isn't she cute? These are our Pretty Sweet girls and you can get her and all her friends here


Now onto the challenge...

This week for the DT and you the theme we have set is
Pearls & Bling

To enter the challenge you can make anything you like, from a card to a home décor item and anything in between and the challenge is all about blinging it up!
You have until 2nd September to enter and the winner will be announced on 9th September, so lots of time to get your entry in. All we ask is that you follow the theme and the simple rules that can be found in the side bar. You do NOT need to use our products to enter but we'd love it if you do! 
The winner will receive 3, yes 3!! digi images from the (Digi Store)

You can see the winners of our last challenge at the bottom of this post! 

Now let’s see what the team have made for us for this weeks challenge! 

Scatty Jan - For my card I used the great Girls Hoot Digi Downloads . Such a fab collection of owls, Papers, Sentiments and Emblies. I am really loving shaped cards at the moment so went with the apron card. Added some pearls around the apron frill and some bling to the top xx

Crafting Vicky Wow I have to say that I love the idea of Pearls and bling!  So much easier for a challenge lol.  So  had lots of ideas... and I ended up making a totally girly card for this challenge!  I used the totally awesome Work and Play collection 2 for my card.  I used the fabulous Ballerina and some great papers as well.  You can't get more "girly" than this!
Sharon - I love pearls but don't really do bling so have got my sparkle from glitter for this week's theme. I have chosen the Sugarplum Daisy CD and used one of the toppers from the collection. Choosing colors from the topper I have used an aqua card and a purple dotty backing paper - Who knew these would go together! The border and sentiment are also from the cd. (I have colored the sentiment to match in with my color scheme.) Although they don't show so well in the photos I have put tiny pearls in the centre of the daisies in the pretty fairy's hand and fairy dust on her wings! larger purple pearls are on the corners and sentiment.

Julie - I have made a diamond shaped card that can be displayed in the three ways...The gorgeous image I have used for my card is called Singin Sally and is available in the Polkadoodles Digi Store HERE, its also available on the Work and Play 1 download, which can be downloaded immediately so no waiting for a CD to arrive. The pretty backing papers I have used are also from Work and Play 1 Download.  For my bling I have added pink and beige pearls to the corners of the image and added gems to the dots on her hair bow. I have also added a pearl embellishment to the centre of the bows on each side of the card.

Yvonne - Hi there! Well for a theme of Pearls & Bling, I had to use a wedding image. I chose to use Emma Canning's 'Bride' - now get this quick because it is about to be discontinued from the Polkadoodles Store but for now you can get it for 35p - that's THIRTY FIVE pence folks!!!  I coloured her with my Graph'It Markers - the colours used are on my blog.  I chose to use papers from the Rose Bundle papers. I added my ribbon, pearl swirls and bling for the finishing touches! 



Fantastic ideas here for you from the team, as always!! 

Here are the winners from week 30 Lots of Layers
The winner chosen at random is:

#46 DebiB
please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCwk33001wk30 to claim your prize of a 3 free digis.

And the top 3 chosen by the design team are:

#9 Lidya
# 32 Gail L
# 57 Katya

Well done everyone go grab your badges from the side bar - thanks so much to everyone who entered!

You have until 2nd September to enter and the winner will be announced on 9th September, so lots of time to get your entry in. All we ask is that you follow the theme and the simple rules that can be found in the side bar.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx