Tuesday 24 June 2014

wk 25 Anything but a square card...Digi Choosday challenge

Happy Digi Choosday everyone!

Welcome back to another fabulous Digi Choosday Challenge!
Before we get started, we are UBER excited to unveil some lovely new team members who we are thrilled to have on board with the team!!  We just know you are going to love their projects, they are very talented indeed and we are already loving everything they've made for us, they fit into our team like a glove!.......So, we are very excited to say a massive big warm welcome to:
Vicky Fortier
Julie Jenner
Sharon Smith
and Wendy Russell
Big welcome to you all ladies!!

We have another great
Digi Choosday code
 for you today which you can use right up to midnight on 30th June, so grab yourself some digis HERE 
and save a massive 15% in the store this week!
Enter code DC15007 
at the checkout!

And now onto the challenge:

The challenge we have set for this week is
Not A Square Card
We would like to see you make some kind of shaped projects this week which could be something easy like a stepper card or something more complicated - it's up to you! 

You have until 8th July to enter and the winner will be announced on 15th July, so lots of time to get your entry in. All we ask is that you follow the simple rules that can be found in the side bar.
The winner will receive 3 free digi images from the (Digi Store).


You can see the winners from our last challenge at the end of this post.

Now, let's See What the Team have made for us!

Scatty Jan For my not a square card this week I have used the Work and Play 4 collection. I used the van as a template for my card and used the characters - Post man and Post lady . I also used a sentiment from the collection and also used one of the many backing papers for the inside.Coloured up with Graph'It Markers.

Anjie - To get the shape of the card I have used the Dutch Doobadoo Shape Art 3 which is my new favourite thing to use! And at only £4.49 it's a must. How much does it cost to buy pre-made shaped cards? You would save the cost of this in no time! The image is from Emma Canning and is called 3 Scoops. I have coloured her with my Graph'It Markers and then used the DD shape art again to cut her out. The papers, flowers, butterfly and bow are from the new Rose Budd Papercrafting CD which is just fabulous! I have used a distress ink around the edges of everything and a little Frantage around the image.

Sharon - Oh my, am I excited to join everyone on this design team and use PolkaDoodles' Digi-World Downloadables.   As this is my first challenge I thought I would honor Nikky by using the Nikky digi-stamp bundle. The image - Nikky has been coloured with Spectrum Noirs with glossy accents used on her glasses. The card is a Silhouette template cut on my machine. The papers are from the bundle and the sentiment has been taken from the candy words section of Candy Doodles Collectors edition CD.

Julie....I am so excited to be on this team, and I love the theme for this challenge, its one of my favourites!
I love the variety of digi products for sale in the digi section of the store and the fact you don't have to wait for them as they are an instant download.
My card with matching gift box has been made using the following Polkadoodles products, the gorgeous image, coloured with Copics is called  Dollie Daydream Birthday, the sentiment is from the following bundle Celebrational Sentiments Download Bundle, Papers can be found here Emma Canning Brown/green/white papers .All the flowers I have used are from Back to Nature Flowers Embellies download bundle, which I then cut out and shaped
Crafting Vicky - What a way to start up in the team... an anything but square card!!!  Man that's so hard for me... lol but well there's fabulous digis and papers to work with so the inspiration came!  I used for mine the great image Charlotte.  And then 2 different DP one from the fab Daisy Paper bundle that I recolored using my word Microsoft application in pale blue and Boy's Hoot Download Bundle.  The sentiment is from Celebrational sentiments Download bundle.
Wendy - For my first card as part of the Digi Choosday DT, I haven't actually done a card! The template for the exploding box is here for free! I've used The Happy Couple from Emma Canning and coloured with Graph'It Markers. The papers are in Emma Canning Blue/Teal bundle and Rose papers bundle, which I have recoloured in Craft Artist, as I have for the flowers from Pretty Little Things & Back to Nature. Finally I added recoloured sentiments from the Marriage bundle. 

Yvonne - This week I decided to make something different - well it is different for me! I decided to make a bookmark and I found a bookmark template on one of my craft programs. I opted for one of the papers from the Louise Digi Bundle, the papers that are included with the image are truly very pretty and I have been desperate to use them. I decided to decorate my bookmark with flowers (obviously), and for these I couldn't resist dipping into the Rose Budd Collection CD-Rom as I wanted to use the pansies. The sentiment is from Dollie Goes East Collection which you can get either as a CD-Rom or as a digi download.  I thought I would show you front and back and I hope you like it!
Susan - This week I have used an empty tissue roll, cut it in half to make a slider gift card (link for tutorial on my blog)....The papers and the image are from Dollie Daydream Girl Talk.
I had to shrink the image to fit ,wow!  couldn't have done this with a stamp, that's the great thing about Digis you can make them any size. This is a must have for your collection.... She is coloured with my Graph'it markers ,I have the brush nibs in mine ,just amazing. And everything is printed out on Ultimate Graphic 160 gms  Yes the same card I use for my digi stamps and my Graph'it markers....


Patty - This week I decided to make a Small favor or gift box, which was so easy to make from just one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 CS.  I opted for one of the papers from the Pretty Sweet Collection, that paper it was perfect to combine it with the green CS, the owl is from Sugar Birdies CD , I used my prismacolor pencils to color it and love the outcome!, I use ribbon to decorate my box. The sentiment is from one set laying around on my desk not sure who's company.


Wow, some stunning makes this week I'm sure you'll all agree! Our new teamies have done a great job and of course our longstanding members are always awesome too! thanks for all your makes ladies!

And now for the winners from the week 22 challenge, 
All About The Men
The winner chosen at random was 
#16 Beth
please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCwk25001wk22 to claim your prize of a 3 free digis.

And the top 3 chosen by the team were:
#12 Nick


Grab your badges from the side bar ladies - thankyou so much for joining us, we appreciate your support!

See you all next week have a great crafty week!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx