Tuesday 27 May 2014

wk 21...27 May Spots and Stripes Digi Choosday challenge

Happy Choosday everyone!

It’s been a bank holiday weekend here in the UK so hope you have all had a good few days off of work, and spent lots of time being crafty!

The challenge we have set for this week is

Spots and Stripes

We are really looking forward to seeing your creations.

You have until 10th June to enter and the winner will be announced on 17th June so lots of time to get your entry in. All we ask is that you follow the simple rules that can be found in the side bar.
The winner will receive 3 free digi images from the (Digi Store)

Have you grabbed yourself the latest CD in the fab Work & Play series, number 4? There are some fab images on there! It features 10 black and white and coloured digis plus 60 backing papers, sentiments and toppers - great value! So go grab it here 

And now for the winners from the week 18 challenge, All About The Kids
  
 The winner chosen at random was #3 Shirley AC2
please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCW18001 to claim your prize of 3 free digis.

And the top 3 chosen by the DT were:
#6 Linda Hall 
#18 Leona
Grab your badges from the side bar.
  
Now let's See What the Team have made for us!


Scatty Jan When I heard what this challenge would be I just knew straight away which digi to use - it's our Nikky kitted out in spots and stripes *perfect* - I coloured with Graph'It markers and also used papers from Enfy's digi bundle (the stripey one) and also from Lou's digi bundle (the spotty one) . These bundles are great value and look how you can mix and match them all, fabbydoo xx

Anjie - The image and the bunting are from the new Work & Play Collection 4. The image is coloured with Graph'It Markers. I made my own background with the spots and stripes by embossing the Dutch Doobadoo Diamond Mask/Stencil Art A5 onto white card. I then added the colour with the Permanent Red - Pan Pastel and the Ultramarine Blue - Pan Pastel. I then outlined the diamonds with a black pen. I also used the Dutch Doobadoo Envelope Stencil.  

Zoe - This challenge allowed me to use the gorgeous scene and Noah digi from Cherry Blossom collection. I used Craft Artist to place the digi image into the scene before printing it out. I then coloured the Noah image with my Graph It markers. I added the sentiment and candi to finish it off.

Yvonne - Spots and Stripes or Stripes and Spots - fab challenge and this week I decided to use the fab-u-lush image of Dollie sleepyhead - she's so cool AND she has spotty slippers, ta dah! I've already hit half the brief for the challenge!  This week I also used combination of markers, I used Graph'It Markers and also Copic Markers and as you'll see, Graph'Its work in excellent harmony with your other markers, so don't be put off!! The backing papers are from Enfys Digi Bundle and I used both the spotty paper and the stripe.  The ribbon, gems, paper flowers and die cut are from my stash.

Jo- I have used gorgeous papers from the Dollie Daydream Collection for my spots and stripes fix this week and chose to colour a super girly image, Kiss The Frog from Emma Canning. The sentiment is also part of the Dollie Daydream collection and it co-ordinates perfectly. I usually avoid glitter, it gets everywhere and I'm not particularly elegant when I craft but I couldn't resisit some sparkle for my princess (and my frog!)

Patty's I made a cute Birthday card, for my card I use papers from the Pretty Tuff CD collection uses colourful dots and stripes, added the white border  on top and use the Owl image from Sugar Birdies CD collection layered on top of a mandarin scallop CS the owl has 2 mini orange button as his eyes  and as a finish touch the mini orange bow.

Susan - My little Bird House ,these are so cute I just love them, available from Polkadoodles
First I dabbed the house with Maimeri Gesso ,then distressed the edges of some papers from Work And Play 1  & covered  it. I also made rolled roses from the papers stuck them to the house  some ribbon & a little bird made from paper clay ,then dabbed gesso here there and everywhere and hey presto my little shabby bird house.


What stunning makes again this week!
You have until 10th June to enter and the winner will be announced on 17th June so lots of time to get your entry in. All we ask is that you follow the simple rules that can be found in the side bar.


The winner will receive 3 free digi images from the (Digi Store)
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx